EFFESUS is a research project investigating the energy efficiency of European historic urban districts and developing technologies and systems for its improvement. The term “historic urban district” in the context of EFFESUS, is defined as a significant grouping of “old” buildings built before 1945 and representative of the period of their construction or history, not necessarily protected by heritage legislation. EFFESUS is funded by the European Commission under its Seventh Framework Programme.
The EFFESUS consortium unites 23 partners from the academic sector, industry and municipal authorities from 13 different European states....read more.
EFFESUS will be represented in a number of national and international conferences, workshops and fairs and will organize own events....read more.
Here you can find information material about EFFESUS as well as selected publications and presentations....read more.
- Project Acronym: EFFESUS
- Project Full Title: Energy Efficiency for EU Historic Districts’ Sustainability
- Project Duration: 09/2012-08/2016
- Funding Scheme: Seventh Framework Programme – CP (FP7-2012-NMP-ENV-ENERGY-ICT-EeB)
- Project Coordinator: Dr. Isabel Rodriguez-Maribona, TECNALIA Research & Innovation, Spain
- Scientific Coordinator: Dr. Britta von Rettberg, Fraunhofer-Institute for Building Physics IBP, Germany
You can sign up for the EFFESUS newsletter now. Please follow the instructions in the footer. The first edition will be published by mid of June 2013.
EFFESUS has been presented at Metropolitan Solutions Fair in Hannover/Germany in April 2013 by Fraunhofer. More information here.
The second EFFESUS project meeting took place in Budapest, Hungary, in March. Project partners and panel members discussed the progress so far and agreed on the upcoming activities. Read more about the meeting here.