EFFESUS is a research project investigating the energy efficiency of European historic urban districts and developing technologies and systems for its improvement. The term “historic urban district” in the context of EFFESUS, is defined as a significant grouping of “old” buildings built before 1945 and representative of the period of their construction or history, not necessarily protected by heritage legislation. EFFESUS is funded by the European Commission under its Seventh Framework Programme.
The EFFESUS consortium unites 23 partners from the academic sector, industry and municipal authorities from 13 different European states....read more.
EFFESUS will be represented in a number of national and international conferences, workshops and fairs and will organize own events....read more.
Here you can find information material about EFFESUS as well as selected publications and presentations....read more.
- Project Acronym: EFFESUS
- Project Full Title: Energy Efficiency for EU Historic Districts’ Sustainability
- Project Duration: 09/2012-08/2016
- Funding Scheme: Seventh Framework Programme – CP (FP7-2012-NMP-ENV-ENERGY-ICT-EeB)
- Project Coordinator: Dr. Isabel Rodriguez-Maribona, TECNALIA Research & Innovation, Spain
- Scientific Coordinator: Prof. Dr. Gunnar Grün , Fraunhofer-Institute for Building Physics IBP, Germany
The final conference takes place on June 24th in Dordrecht, the Netherlands. Registration to public is open, please click here.
New project results are online. See Final Results.
The fifth newsletter edition is now available here. For signing up for the EFFESUS newsletter, please follow the instructions in the footer.